The country’s main industrial areas are concentrated in its Western Province in the districts of Colombo and Gampaha. Therefore, the primary demand is expected to emanate from this industrial center, although other demand sources are considered under the project:
01. Plantation product processing areas, such as
- Coconut processing (desiccated coconut) in Kurunegala District.
- Rubber processing in Kalutara District.
- Tea and rubber factories in areas at low-to-high elevation.
02. Trincomalee (port town) in Eastern Province (major industrial demand base in that area)
03. Vavuniya and Mulaitivu Districts (where future industrial demand will be located).
04. Hotels, rice mills, bakeries, etc. that are spread throughout the country.